Restoration of multiple teeth is an option
A dental bridge is a great way to replace missing teeth and protect your healthy teeth
You don't have to live with missing teeth
Restoring your smile with a bridge
One of the options dentists recommend to patients with a missing tooth is a bridge. Dentists offer dental bridges as an alternative to dental implants,. A bridge is composed of a pontic (false tooth) attached to one or more crowns on adjacent teeth. The purpose is to fill in a gap with a prosthetic tooth that acts and feels like a real tooth. It is permanently attached in the mouth and easy to maintain.
Although dental implants are the ideal solution to lost teeth, they are not always applicable. People with a shallow jawbone, for instance, are not ideal candidates for the procedure. Also, some patients cringe at the idea of drilling something into their gum and jawbone. Thus, the less invasive alternative is bridges.
Types of Bridges
Traditional pontic bridges are the most common. They are composed of a false tooth secured by crowns on adjacent teeth. They are usually made of ceramic or porcelain.
Another type that’s also made of porcelain is the resin-bonded bridge. Made up of a false tooth with wings that are reinforced to the back of adjacent teeth.
They have significant advantages.
- improve speech sabotaged by missing teeth.
- allow you to chew properly .
- restore even distribution of bite pressure
- prevent teeth beside the gap from drifting and weakening.
Steps Involved in Making Your Bridges
- Preparing the teeth – The teeth right beside the missing tooth should be prepared prior to installing the crowns. Dr Zukerman will resize the teeth that will receive the crowns.
- Preparing the crowns and pontic – A fast set dental putty will take an impression of your teeth. The specialist dental ceramists will fabricate the bridge in the lab. While waiting for your dental bridge, you will have to wear a temporary bridge to protect the resized teeth and allow you to chew food properly, this will be made by Dr Zukerman at your first appointment.
- Fitting the permanent dental bridge –Dr Zukerman will remove the temporary bridge and fit the permanent one making any necessary adjustments.
Experienced, Friendly And Caring Pain Free Dental Experience
Smile Designs has been supplying quality dental solutions for over 25 years. We can do everything from general servicing right
through to complex redesigns of cosmetic dentistry and lots of other painless stuff.